Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lanreotide

So I have begun taking Lanreotide injections.

My first shot was October 11th and I felt the results immediately. My forehead felt thinner, much like it did immediately after surgery. Not that it was noticeably bad before, but I did notice a slight change. This stuff works.

Problem?

It's like $1200.00 per shot.

My insurance pays most of it so it only cost me $250.00. I recently got married so I will probably be fully covered with my wife's policy. Nevertheless, $1200.00 is enoromous for a regular person to be able to afford. Some solutions are in order, but this isn't the blog to get into that. I'm just thankful I have this available to me and I'll let you readers know how it goes.

I took a quick overview from the nurse who gave me my first shot. Next time I'll do it myself and walk you through it. Then we'll do a blood test and see where I'm at in December.

Happy Halloween!






No comments:

Post a Comment