Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just met with my Neurosurgeon

So I woke up this morning and walked to the hospital. Pitch black and freezing cold.

Which always makes me wonder why people a hundred years ago bothered to move here. It's bad enough when you have all the comforts of a rich 21st century country, but imagine living in this when you had a log cabin and rode around on a horse.
The Indians didn't even have log cabins!!!
Anyway...I digress.

I met with the neurosurgeon and he gave me the run down. Told me the worst case scenario so that he'd be covered legally in case the worst case scenario took place.
Check. I get it.

Next, he showed me how the procedure would unfold. Up through the nose and into the little space between the skull and the brain.

So I then signed off on the paperwork and the Doctors are going to begin putting the teams together to get this done in January!!!
I wasn't expecting that!
I thought maybe March or something.

I will be in the hospital for 3-4 days because they want to make sure my pituitary gland is working properly. I may need to take a bunch of med's to ensure the body balance doesn't get out of wack. Salt, water, proper hormones etc.

He's done three of these exact types before and all of them were successful. My tumor isn't that outrageous so I am really hoping this works and I won't require life long medication.

Anyway, the next step is a CT scan and then they are going to do another MRI before I go into the operation. The CT scan will help give a mapping of my bone structure and the second MRI will give a new mapping of my pituitary gland. Then they plug all that into their systems and begin doing the operation.

So long for now.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment