Friday, March 25, 2011

Couple of other changes I've noticed

Well...it's been a couple of months now since my surgery and I'm feeling great!

I did want to point out three other changes I've noticed.

#1. Loss of muscle tone.
When your HGH is more than double normal, you feel a lot of side effects...however...one "benefit" that I didn't realize I had was a naturally high level of muscle tone.

I am 6' 2" and weigh about 250 pounds. People always used to be shocked...shocked...when I told them how much I weighed. Mainly because I didn't look like what they imagined 250 pounds looked like. It was packed on evenly and somewhat firmly. I go to the gym and favour weight lifting, so I just thought my physique was normal.

Now that the HGH has been corrected, I've noticed that the muscle has dropped off. My mother was saying that my legs look thinner. I didn't think much of it at the time, until I noticed that my arms were skinnier too. Then after about a month I noticed the "muffin top" around my waist when wearing my regular jeans.

I began wondering what the hell was going on? I thought it might just be that I am drinking more since the surgery and maybe retaining water...no...that's no it.

After some internetting, I found that this is a side effect others have noticed as well. As a result I have cut my calories and am trying to step up my fitness and it's going well. This is simply the new normal and I have to get used to making a bit more of an effort to stay fit and trim.

#2. Dry skin.

Now granted I live in Canada and this has been a long dry, cold winter. I have, however, noticed that my skin is slightly more dry than normal. This is a good thing really, because my skin used to be oily. As changes have occurred my skin has dried out.

#3. No more alcohol.

I found out the hard way that alcohol pushes me back toward Diabetes Insipidous. ADH is adversely effected by alcohol...(this is why drinking a couple of beers, sends people to the bathroom).
The problem for me is that I have a slightly less than 100% function posterior Pituitary gland, so when I drink alcohol, I really really really have to go to the bathroom.
No more alcohol for me.
(Which sucks...I like bourbon and beer...sigh)

((**August 19th update - My drinking levels have returned to normal and having a beer or a bourbon is most likely fine now.---Although I am hestitate to make an attempt---Maybe for the best, ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment