Monday, November 29, 2010

Test Results

So today I got my test results and went over everything with my Doc.

It was positive.

At least that's how I would describe it, since "positive" isn't really the right term, but Acromegaly it is.

The sugar drink did not supress my levels. It was 10 HGH. Don't know what that means.
My intial IGF1 was 800 when it should be 300, so through and through it is an Acromegaly result.

I have booked an MRI for my pituitary gland on Thursday. I will also have to have a colonscopy and an echocardiogram.

The colonscopy is because Acromegaly can cause colon cancer. Usually this is a long term symptom...at least that's what I'm hoping. I'm 32 and this has been caught early enough that it I am hopeful that nothing has developed. I also don't have any symptoms of that so I feel pretty confident.

The echocardiogram is basically an ultrasound of the my heart. Acromegaly makes organs grow over time as well...kidneys, and heart for example.
This means you can run into problems because your organs become bigger than they should be. Maybe 10% would be a good thing. Lance Armstrong style advantage....
however, Acromegaly just keeps going so there can be stress and strain on the heart causing weaknesses and whatnot.
Again, I don't have any symptoms so it's just a check for the sake of it.

My blood sugar was 6.3 before the sugar test and 5.9 after a few hours of sitting there. This is in the normal range, but it is the high end of normal. 6.3 after fasting overnight is a bit elevated.
Anyway, maybe when the tumor is removed it'll come down right away.
Or maybe that's just how it runs in me for now.
Nevertheless, I don't want diabetes, so I'll try to avoid the heavy sugars and eat better in general....if that matters in this case?!?!
Whatever, it shouldn't hurt. I need to get in shape regardless. More gym. More ambition.
Let's kick it!



This isn't me...this is Arnold Schwarzenegger. He looks a little Acro...no? Perhaps if I just get super buff, I'll appear as a rough around the edges, manly man.

No comments:

Post a Comment