Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Had an ultrasound on my heart today!

Started off my day, half naked in a darkened room with two attractive women and a bottle of lubricant.

(Get you mind of the gutter!)

It was an ultrasound on my heart!

Here's the thing with acromegaly. If it goes untreated for years on end, your heart can become enlarged and the valves and whatnot can start to become weakened of problematic due to that gradual enlargement. Heart failure can be what some acromegaly patients can die from.

So I got this ultrasound in order to make sure my heart is still totally functional and there aren't any problems forming.

It took about a half hour and consisted of me lying on a table shirtless while they used a wand against my chest in order to take pictures of my heart beating.

If this is a step you have to take in your journey, don't fear it. Doesn't hurt and it is really easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment